The Mission

It is my contention that we Christians can be far to clever for our own good.There seems to be endless amounts of chat and debate as to what we should or should not be doing and along side that how we should be doing it.
Looking again at Jesus reading from in the synagogue challenged me on the simplicity of his agenda the agenda of the Kingdom.He could have read any piece of scripture about himself but choose this one "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, .It is clear the he wanted the people to know right away who it was that was at the heart of his plans.
How far away have we in the west moved from this position.Here in the UK the working class make up less than 5% of church .If you look at the so called underclass they don't even make a mark.
So my questions to missional tribe is "what is our mission?"and have we become to smart for our own good leaving behind those Jesus called us to?

0 comments: