Faith&Football.


Today was a day for these two things to go together.Its a real pain that football is not played on a Saturday afternoon anymore but that comes with taking the tv money.So when your team is playing its biggest rival on Sunday morning I have to combine the two.
Going to church as a leader can sometimes be difficult there are certain expectations on you to produce much like footballers going in to big games.This morning I felt exhausted but still willing to share some thoughts that maybe God had given to me.Part way through our service I felt God prompting me to say something I had not expected.With my heart racing I shared with the folk about the love of God being all that will remain.Everything else we have will fade but his love will prevail for us.
We also had the hearting story of someone giving away £20 prompted by God to bless someone who had just lost a child.this may not seem a big deal but when its done in love it has a great effect.The woman tracked down the person who gave the £20 and told her that she had used it to buy some flowers for her child's grave.These small stories of peoples faith in action are what keep you going.

I gave my last £20 to the same girl and she agreed to invest it so that God could multiply it I wait with anticipation to see what happens.

As for my team they played well and won 4-2 which made my and my cousin very happy but I have to say not as happy as the story of the £20.

0 comments: