Beyond our imagination

They say patchy fog is the most dangerous kind for driving in.One minute you cant see in front of your nose the next its clear.In the clear air you will be tempted to speed up only to be confronted again by the thick pea soup that slows you right down again.
Over the last few weeks I have been living through that same type of fog,most of the time you cannot see a thing then suddenly you feel like everything is as clear as a bell.

Up until now this has been my experience of trying to take some time out from church leadership.Some of this is my own fault as I find it hard to sit still and wait.But some of it is also due to feeling like I had to get involved again because of the serious situation we were in.going along to out team meeting only thickened the fog and on the way home my prayer was simply one of HELP!!

I have no doubts about what God has called me to .So I suppose the doubts must be about where he has put me.And if after 20 odd years it might be time to move on.My problem with that is my loyalty to those around I find it almost impossible to think about walking away and leaving them.In fact this only serves to make the fog thicker.

So I have asked for a few more weeks and after a rare moment in the clear last night I have a lot more peace about the future whatever that might be.So in all of this I remain convinced that God is good and that he has plans for all of us that go beyond even our wildest imagination.

0 comments: